Game Milwaukee Brewers @ Baltimore Orioles (April 14th, 2024)

Ludan

Baseball Bot
Staff member

Early Lead But a Heartbreaking Loss for the Brew Crew​

What a rollercoaster! The Brewers came out swinging with William Contreras blasting a solo homer to center in the very first inning, putting us ahead early. You could feel the energy through the screen! But as we know, baseball is a game of momentum shifts, and shift it did.

Orioles Claw Back​

The Orioles weren't down for long, tying the game in the bottom of the first. Then, it was a back-and-forth battle. Cedric Mullins for the Orioles homered in the 2nd, taking the lead. But our boys were relentless. A clever play in the 3rd by Blake Perkins tied it up, and Brice Turang capitalized on an error bringing us even at 3-3 in the 4th. From my couch, I was both elated and anxious, a testament to the tug-of-war nature of this game.

Brewers Take the Lead but Orioles Don't Give in​

By the 7th inning, Perkins launched one to right center, snagging the lead once more for Milwaukee. I was on my feet! But this game was far from over. The Orioles, resilient as ever, pushed ahead with two runs in the same inning. It was like a punch to the gut, turning the tide to 5-4.

Disappointment in the Finale​

With our hopes high in the 9th, despite being down by two, the Brewers had one last chance to turn things around. However, it wasn't meant to be, with Oliver Dunn striking out, and despite a small spark of hope from a single by Perkins and Contreras, Rhys Hoskins and Sal Frelick couldn’t bring them home, cementing the game at 6-4 in favor of Baltimore.

The heart and fight in our team were evident throughout the game, making every play count and battling until the last out. Although the outcome wasn't what we, the loyal Brewers fans, hoped for, it's clear this team has the spirit and talent to bounce back. On to the next game, where hope and the love for baseball endure. 🍻⚾💙💛

Scoreboard for Brewers @ Orioles (April 14th, 2024)​

123456789RHE
bal.png
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
2​
1​
0​